Monday, December 8, 2008

If I wait

If I wait for something exciting to happen, I might never blog again.

I did have a great time recently going to Chicago with my parents. Chicago. The town in which I was born. We visited the old apartment complex - well really, I stood outside of the cab in the snow and took a picture while they stayed in the cab and gave their respects.

I love spending time with my parents. I know it's a gift to have two parents who are my friends. I would rather hang with them than just about anyone. They took me to some fab restaurants for some great dinners.

And - most of all - we saw WICKED! Oh my God. Loved it. I love the book, I love the musical. I used to think I wasnted to play Elphaba before I died. But now I realize that I really would love to play Madame Morrible. What a great character! I've been singing Wicked music for weeks now.

The three of us stayed on Michigan Ave (in the Marriott) and went shopping at Macys! We had a great time and I'm thankful for the time we spent together.

And then Saturday I took Andrew to see the Nutcracker at the Colorado Ballet. Lovely. I had never seen it. We both agreed the first "half" was the best. I loved the costumes most of all. All of these great performances remind me that I need to make time to go to the theater more. And there's some great stuff coming to Denver in 2009.

Happy Late Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

JOCOeveryman said...

Don't wait too long to write something else witty. People are waiting and by the way....I was thinking of you today.