Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Old Friends

So many old friends!

Through the latest and greatest social networking sites I have encountered a lot of old friends. Old loves - old crushes - old buddies - old soul mates.

I almost can't believe how some of them have found me and I them. There are the stories of warning: I reconnected with one old love, only to disconnect a few weeks later. But, truthfully, it was an intense (and lovely) few weeks of reconnection.

I've reconnected with old friends - old crushes - some of whom don't look anything like I remember. Some of whom are sick. Some of whom are grouchy. Some of whom have welcomed me home with open arms.

Old best friends from college - dear ones I thought I would never lose - but those I had lost - are now found and celebrated.

Best friends I have lost and found number of times are still around and willing to engage in newness.

And it seems that more and more I can guess that if I search for an old friend, and they are not there yet, they will be within a week or so. I just "added" a friend of mine from camps/high school/college and I loved just seeing a picture of him with his baby!

And best friends I have always been with, always loved - those who have stuck with me through all of this - they're on there too and even with them, I know more about what happens with their day to day than when we only had the phone.

I guess I'm just being thoughtful - seeing F on here really made me smile. As do all my old friends. As do you.

No comments: