Thursday, July 10, 2008

True Colors

Well, I've been gone from home for a long, long time. And, I'm leaving again day after tomorrow. I'm tired. But surprisingly, I'm doing quite well in the fibromyalgia department. Yay!

I went with my sister-in-law (my favorite concert sistah) to the True Colors Tour concert last Sunday night and it was incredible! I mean, come on...Joan Armetrading, Rosie Odonnell, Cyndi Lauper, Carson Kressley and my fave - the B-52s. At Red Rocks. You wish you had been there, right?

Everyone there was in love with each other. It was a benefit for the Human Rights Campaign and PFLAG. Love it!

On the way home we (my sistah and I ) talked about being real and how it is so difficult to find groups of people you can totally be yourself around. I struggle with this and the Church. We try so hard to be perfect - and fail - that we assume everyone else is perfect. While they're just failing also. What would it be like if we all dropped our perfect facade and were laid bare before each other. I don't know. I think it would take a revolution of sorts. We could begin with self-love and acceptance. And we could promise each other that through each day we would try to remember that we are all "Everyday People".

You show me your truth and I'll show you mine.

Really? Do you think we could?

Ready
Set
GO!

1 comment:

Rev. Pink Dragon said...

Thanks for that! I brought a van full of church members and friends to the concert. It was AMAZING! Who knew that Cyndi still had it ... but she does.
Blessings!