Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pain in the #$%^$!

Well, it's official...my knee, which has been hurting for a few weeks...has a problem. I have a knee "problem". I went to amazing rheumy doc today to have her look at my knee and possibly get a cortizone shot. She agreed that the shot was a good idea
(although she wouldn't have thought of it herself) and in the process of having a needle ground around in my knee, she removed a bunch of fluid. Surprise! Not a fibro problem, a "knee problem". So I'm to sit and rest for a week (which I will do as I'm traveling to KC!) and see if it gets better. If it does, good. If it doesn't, voila, problem.

The bigger issue for me is that once again, A has to deal with a mommy with an unidentified pain issue. He's been through my cut hand which needed stiches, my broken ankle which needed surgery, my broken hand and wrist - surgery again. I know he just waits for the other shoe to drop. And I dropped it. It's hard to reassure him over and over that I will be fine when I don't walk fine or do our daily activities fine.

This sucks.

No comments: