Tuesday, February 5, 2008

There's something to be said

There's something to be said for companionship. Even only decent companionship. It's nice to have someone to talk to, to share with, to know. It's hard when you're out of school, everone deep in their own lives, no one really needing new friends. When you're alone everywhere you see how the world is made for couples. Not married or partnered, necessarily, just friends. Someone to do something with. Someone who knew where you were and where you're having to go.

A single parent is stuck in this odd connundrum where the person most available to you is seven years old. And they don't need your stuff as much as they need your support and love and example.

I'm fortunate in my life to have family close by. Parents who are friends. A sibling that loves me and likes me.

Mybe I'll get a dog.

No comments: